What does a buyers agent do?
Lots of people have never heard of a buyer’s agent or buyer’s advocate until they see them on The Block in the auction finale. A buyer’s agent does a lot more than what’s simply shown on the TV show. A Buyer’s Agent is on hand to help guide you through the entire process of buying a property from searching to settling.
What’s the different between a buyer’s advocate and a buyer’s agent?
Firstly, let’s clear this up. You may have heard the terms buyer’s agent and buyer’s advocate. It’s important to know, there’s no difference between a buyer’s advocate and an agent, they are the same thing and the terms are used interchangeably.
There are two major differences between a real estate agent and a buyer’s agent or advocate though:
- A real estate agent sells the property and looks after the interests of the vendor, whilst the buyer’s agent acts in the interests of the purchaser and buys the property.
- A real estate agent will typically focus on marketing their sellers’ listings, whereas a buyer’s agent scours the listings of every agency in the preferred marketplace(s) of their client to find the right property at the right price.
Experienced and hard-working buyer’s agents also have a range of off-market properties at their fingertips, developed through enquiries and relationships they’ve developed over the years.
What does a buyer’s agent actually do?
A buyer’s agent supports purchasers in a range of different ways, this includes:
- Initial consultation to understand what you want to buy, including creating a strategy to achieve this
- Finding property both on and off-market for purchasers to inspect, saves you time by filtering out unsuitable properties
- Helping you to understand what makes great property and guiding you in making excellent purchase decisions
- Conducting due diligence and inspections
- Organising and assessing reports including building and pest
- Bidding at auction or negotiating on your behalf
A buyer’s agent and mortgage brokerage in one: a winning recipe.
Entourage offers a unique and winning recipe by having a buyer’s agent service and mortgage brokerage under one roof. Our finance team can ensure your pre-approval is ready to go well in advance of any auction or offer dates. There’s a host of other reasons why it’s beneficial to engage an all-in-one property service, but the main benefits are:
- The convenience of having an integrated team behind you in your property journey;
- The heightened accountability of a single team;
- The speed in which results can be delivered by specialists operating under a single roof.
The Entourage team offers access to more properties, more real estate agents and more lending products … it all leads to more chances of the best outcome for clients.
Why The Block contestants and agents choose Entourage
2017 The Block winners Josh Barker and Elyse Knowles know what it takes to get ahead in the property market, having long been clients and brand partners of Entourage. Check out Elyse’s blog post here for more.
Former contestants and site Foreman Dan Reilly and Dani Wales of Red Door Project are another couple having been on the show in 2012, for The Block All Stars and featuring once more in 2021. Dan and Dani have been working with Entourage to finance their latest property developments both personally and for their business.
Finally Real Estate Agent Michael Townsend is also a partner of the business, check out our video with Michael after he sold the winning property in 2018
Want more? Check out the Instagram Lives we did last year.